- QResearch is a not for profit collaboration between the University of Oxford and EMIS (the leading IT supplier for computer systems in primary care)
- Strategic decisions about the GP data are taken by a Management Board representing the interests of EMIS and the University of Oxford.
- The QResearch Advisory Board sets policy and oversees the operation and governance of the database
- The QResearch Scientific Committee undertakes scientific reviews of research applications to QResearch and approval by the committee constitutes Research Ethics Approval under REC 18/EM/0400.
- The University of Oxford is the sole data controller for the datasets which are linked to QResearch (deaths, cancer and hospital data) and the single point of access to the data.
QResearch is hosted within the Nuffield Department of Primary Care Health Sciences, Medicine Sciences Division, University of Oxford.