- QResearch is a not for profit collaboration between the University of Oxford and EMIS (the leading IT supplier for computer systems in primary care)
- Strategic decisions about the GP data are taken by a Management Board representing the interests of EMIS and the University of Oxford.
- The University of Oxford is the sole data controller for the datasets which are linked to QResearch (deaths, cancer and hospital data) and the single point of access to the data.
- An Advisory Board sets policy and oversees the operation and governance of the database
- A Scientific Committee approves access to data
QResearch is housed within the School of Medicine, University of Oxford.